Dairy & Gluten Free Review: Raw Fudge with Vanilla by Raw Choc Pie


Dairy & Gluten Free Review No Added Sugar
Raw Fudge with Vanilla by RawChocPie
£2.58
Handmade in Cornwall
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, No added sugar. 60g
1 Star Rating

As a 'fudge fanatic' I was so tempted to buy this lovely looking fudge bar as soon as I saw it in the gluten free fridge down at 'Revital' down on Wigmore Street, Central London. I mean had I really just discovered a delicious fudge that is better for me than regular fudge, with delicious natural ingredients? 

It did sound too good to be true to be honest, I mean can anything realistically still carry the deliciously moorish and indulgent characteristics of the real thing when the original ingrediants have been so dramatically compromised? My Lushh Bud sensors were all over the place willing me to give it a go! If anything I had to do it for the readers! So I proceeded to buy just the one...

I literally got home, put on the kettle, made a lovely cup of tea and sat down excited to taste this one and here is what happened...

I was extremely disappointed :( 
In my opinion we are all being deceived here with the word 'fudge'. This is not in any way, shape or form a fudge alternative!!! 
I have to say this was really the worst gluten free product I have tasted... and Ive tasted some really bad ones so that is really saying something!

"A soft, oily and soggy 'almost marsipan but not quite even that' tasting block of no!"

A soft, oily and soggy 'almost marsipan but not quite even that' tasting block of no! Alongside its very oily and almost muddy texture there were these hard grainy/powdery/nutty textured bits throughout the block with a faint coco-nutty after taste, which didn't save the day either! It really was not something I could finish eating Im afraid.

I found this raw fudge snack to be very sickly after just two bites and I really couldn't get used to the textures and tastes at all. Nothing comes together in this mixture which I think is the problem. Its like a block of crumbly oil with no unity of flavours. DEFINITELY NOT FUDGE and £2.58 is a bit much for the size and taste, I could have bought a whole bag of REAL fudge in M&S for the same price!

So unfortunately only 1 star for this one but I will continue my quest for a tasty five star alternative fudge, if one shall ever exist I will find it! There must be one out there! If you know of one, let me know about it! 

Ingredients:
Raw coconut oil, Lucuma Powder, Ground Almonfs, Raq agave nectar, Vanilla essense (1.5%).

Review by +Crystal King UK 
Twitter: @CrystalTheKing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free & Vegan Review Costa Christmas Cake

Grab the Gluten Free Burger of your life down at Henry Burgers (Leigh-on-Sea, Essex)

FREAKS OF NATURE Desserts - No gluten, no dairy, no eggs and no soya!