A Gluten Free Salad to Write Home About: EL MEXICANA SALAD BOX

Gluten Free Blog Review 
El Mexicana GF Salad Box £4.99 

If you are ever feeling peckish in South End on Sea pop into The Forum's very own El Mexicana cafeteria for a taste of Mexico! They cater to team gluten free! (yey)  so why not try out one of their Gluten Free salads for under a fiver! 

I recently had a meeting booked down a The Forum and decided to pop into their canteen for something to eat with a fellow blogger from In-Spire LS Magazine and this is how we stumbled across El Mexicana. Being from the gluten free gang I obviously couldn't sink my teeth into a wheaty borrito (oh boo hoo... I'm over it)!! So instead I opted for a gluten free El Mexicana Salad... and I am so glad that I did!

El Mexicana have their own special way of ordering, first let's take a look at that!

How the ordering process works:

Step 1: Order your Salad Box

Step 2: Choose your main filling - Gluten Free options: Chicken Tinga, Barbacoa Beef, Pork Carnitas, Chilli Beef, Chilli Veg, or Paneer

Step 3: Add additional fillings - ALL Gluten Free Options! Yey! Including rice, onions and peppers, lettuce, black beans, cheese, guacamole, refried beans, sour cream,jalapenos 

Step 4: The Salsa - salsaoptions include Salsa Pico, Salsa Chipotle, Salsa Tomatillo, Salsa Piccante, Salsa Inferno.

After some deliberation (like OMG actual OPTIONS for the Gluten Free gang)! I opted for: The El Mexicana Salad box with Chicken Tinga, Rice, Onions and peppers, lettuce, sour cream, regular salsa and grated cheese on top! (Be ready to dribble at the image below)!
So how big was it? How did it taste? Would I buy it again? 
Here's my thoughts:

With regards to the serving it was a filling, well sized portion, the perfect amount to fill you up and to be labelled as good value for money at just £4.99
Tastier than your average old salad for sure - my Lushh Buds were tingling!
Great genuine Mexican tasting flavours throughout and not bland at all. It was fresh tasting, the salad leaves were fresh and the rice had 'mucho' flavour with a perfect soft texture (ok mucho... is that a word)???
Mixed onions and peppers were a lovely flavourful side that I definitely recommend for that additional flavour injection! 
The shredded chicken was well seasoned and tender and the salsa sauce was GREAT it was a lovely dribbly tomato salsa with the right sized chunks of juicy tomato available in each mouthful.
As additional sides the sour cream was very creamy and not to harsh on the sour, which I like and the grated cheese on top was a nice guilty touch to complete the satisfaction of my Lushh Buds!

All in all I was pleasantly surprised at what I stumbled across here and when I take my next trip down to The Forum South End I will certainly re-order the same again!

Star Rating for this Lushh Buds Tasting:
Get over 50% off your first Degustabox and FREE delivery!
Review by Crystal King UK for LUSHH BUDS

Find more great articles at: www.SheInspiredHer.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free & Vegan Review Costa Christmas Cake

Grab the Gluten Free Burger of your life down at Henry Burgers (Leigh-on-Sea, Essex)

FREAKS OF NATURE Desserts - No gluten, no dairy, no eggs and no soya!